On this page find links to all the Kinematics material on this website. Kinematics is the branch of mechanics that talks about the analysis of the motion of an object under consideration. In kinematics, we do not look into the causes of motion or what causes the motion in the first place. Here in kinematics, we do not talk about force, momentum, etc. In kinematics, we are limited to physical quantities like position, distance, displacement, speed, velocity, and acceleration.
Describing Motion With Words
- Rest and motion in physics
- How to find position in physics
- Distance and Displacement
- Difference between Speed and velocity
- Is acceleration a vector or scalar?
- Examples of Uniform Motion
- What is Free Fall in Physics?
Describing motion with Graphs
- How to find displacement on position-time graph
- How to find average velocity on a position-time graph
- How to find instantaneous velocity on a position-time graph
- How to find displacement on a velocity time graph
Kinematics Formulas and equations
- Acceleration Formula with velocity and time
- Physics Equations Kinematics
- First Equation of motion by graphical Method
- 2nd equation of motion by graphical method
- 3rd equation of motion by graphical method
- How to Calculate Distance from Acceleration and Velocity
Question, Answers, and worksheets
- Questions about motion with answers
- Projectile Motion Problems with Solutions